Over the last four weeks I have been learning everything there is to know about the inner workings of the female body. And it is extraordinary. There is so much that takes place inside of our bodies in order for a baby to be developed and eventually delivered. So many changes. And a large portion of them sounds extremely unpleasant. You know how pregnant women usually have to pee frequently? The obvious reason for that is that the growing uterus is putting all kinds of pressure on the bladder – but the other reason for it is because your ureters grow and kink when you’re pregnant! Seriously. Can you imagine your ureters elongating at least a few centimeters to make space for your uterus and then kinking because the hormonal changes in your body have caused all of your muscles (including the ones in your organs) to relax!? That is insane. And probably not fun times... You’re pretty much bound to get a urinary tract infection. On top of that, it gets harder to sleep, more difficult to breath, you’re more likely to get heartburn and headaches and all sorts of other terrible symptoms. But somehow, it is still the most amazing and beautiful gift that I think we’ve been given. I have had a couple of moments while in the middle of doing homework where I’ve had to stop and just marvel at the novelty of it all. I mean, think about it. There is another human being growing inside of your body! That is crazy! A person. Living and growing in you. Who would think of such a thing?? Is it any wonder why women have been under attack for so many centuries? It’s not surprising to me that the enemy has consistently done everything in his power to oppress and hold women back because look at how powerful we are! We have the ability, the capacity to recreate life! (With the help of God and men of course). Think of how much significance and authority we hold just because of a small egg sized organ inside of us that is able to hold a baby. That is no small deal.
The more I learn about the inner workings of my body the more I am learning to love myself and appreciate my gender. I have often resented the fact that I’m a female because it tends to come with so many limitations and stereotypes. Not to mention the fact that it often puts me in a lower position in society and makes me more vulnerable in a number of ways. But over the last few weeks I have become increasingly grateful for the way I’ve been created. I am learning to love rather than resent my body and that is a very very good thing.
P.S
You should probably watch this:
No comments:
Post a Comment