Sunday, August 22, 2010

two lifetimes


There are too many things to do, too many places to see, too many things to learn and not nearly enough time. I want to visit so many nations. I want to learn every language that I possibly can. I wish my wallet were fuller, my brain bigger and my time unlimited. I want to see the world; I want to experience it all. I want to feel the breezes of every nation and swim in every ocean. I want to eat every national dish and listen to every native tongue and varying dialect.
Of all the places in the world that I want to see and experience –Africa would have to be at the top of the list. I think that Africa, without debate, has got to be the most diverse continent and region of the world. There are so many different people groups, ethnicities, languages, landscapes, cultures and belief systems. Every nation is so different and unique. Every group of people has something new to teach us. Something valuable to bring to the table, some new facet of the character of God to reveal. What I would give to live twice if only to see and experience all of it. To travel from Cairo to Cape Town and see everything in between.
I never want to stop learning. Never want to stop exploring the globe.

No comments:

Post a Comment