Monday, October 4, 2010

my thoughts were so loud

Since being in africa I have been reminded of what it is like to live life at a slower pace. Don’t get me wrong. We are kept very busy during our days… but I find that I have more space in my head for thinking and processing here.

We live with just the basics. No more and no less than what we need. I don’t feel rushed or anxious.


I forgot what it was like to have free space in my mind for thinking and processing. To not be caught up in a constant state of busyness and chaos. Of stress and anxiety. We come from such a task oriented society. And here it is more about relationship.

I have more space to think here. More of a capacity to be invested in where I am.

I love the simplicity of life here. It makes me so much more aware of the excessiveness of my life back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment