I’m not sure that I can put into words what my time in Africa has been like so far…
I’ve been in Tanzania for almost two weeks now and I’m already attached to the place and the people. I feel like a totally different person here. Like a different version of myself. I can hardly remember who I was or what I was like before this. I’m learning a lot of Swahili but still very frustrated by my limitations in interacting and communicating with people. The culture is so rich and vibrant. The people are welcoming and kind. I’ve made a couple of friends with teachers at the school just down from where I live and I try to visit them as often as possible to talk and practice the language. Yesterday morning I got to ‘work’ in the ywam clinic with three others from my school.
Everything is so different here –and it isn’t the easiest way of life. But I have never felt more at peace
No comments:
Post a Comment