Friday, November 26, 2010

coming and going.


I’m not sure how to leave this place.

I have truly been destroyed forever.

I have fallen in love with Africa, and the thought of leaving makes me feel like a dirty whore. To have used Africa for a good cultural, learning experience and then to just leave. Having left hardly but a mark on the land or the people. And then I move on to the next place. The next experience. The next culture and people group. So that I can get another good experience out of them. So that I can use them to further my agenda of become a midwife and getting to travel the world while I’m at it. I don’t want to leave. I want to stay. Forever. I don’t think I can ever go back to Canada. My life has been thoroughly and permanently destroyed. And that is a terribly frightening reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment