Saturday, February 26, 2011

soon we say goodbye


Coming to Africa, finally, has transformed my entire life. And I knew it would. I have always pictured my life being here, but now it is more than a dream. Now I can see it becoming reality. I don’t want to leave this place. It has become a part of me. I’m not sure how I’ll survive life away from it. there are so many things I’m going to miss.
I hope it won’t be very long until I’m back… I don’t expect it to be.. I can’t predict the future. I don’t know for sure where I’ll live, if I’ll get in to school, if I’ll be able to find a job. There are so many unknowns –and only a few things I know for sure. A few things that are certain, stable, secure. I know that God is faithful. I know that God is good. And I’m learning to believe that with all of my being. I believe that He has only good plans for me. Dreams, desires, purposes. I know that I love Africa. More specifically, the people of Africa, the women of Africa. My heart, my passion, my desire, my goal, is to do everything I can to love and serve them. I am desperate to be used by God. I don’t want to be held back or limited in any way by my doubts or fears. I want to learn to trust. And trust fully. I want to go to so many places, do so many things. Sometimes I wonder if one lifetime will be enough. I never want to limit God. I know that when I am able to fully trust Him, the opportunities and the options are limitless. God is faithful. And so good. I am undeserving of His mercy, His grace, and His goodness towards me. I am thankful that He brought me here. That He provided all of the finances I needed to do this school. That I have been able to spend 6 months living and working in Tanzania as a midwife in training—meeting plenty of amazing and extraordinary people along the way. This really has been a dream come true. In so many ways. I plan on coming back and volunteering at Temeke again. I feel deeply connected to that place and those people. and I’ve really enjoyed working there—even though it’s been really challenging and painful at times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment