Wednesday, February 2, 2011

fatuma.

When there is no space in the labor ward - you deliver babies in antenatal!

3 deliveries in ANC – two women delivered at the same time on either of the beds – directly beside each other – I walked over to check on things and noticed that one baby had just been delivered and on the bed beside, Kaitlin was trying to help the mum off the bed to bring her over to the labor ward because she was fully dilated when the head started crowning. She threw on some gloves and delivered the baby – bek moved over to help her and I took over the delivery of the placenta for the woman who had just delivered. She lost a lot of blood and her uterus wasn’t contracting well. I was concerned that it would quickly turn into a case of pph. I checked for tears – only one small one. We gave her more oxytocin and she ended up being okay. Gorgeous baby boy. 



Fatuma – 25 years old – G2 P1 – SVD of live male infant (Matthew) at 1:07 pm – BWT 3.2 KG – APGAR 9/10 – 400/500 ml blood loss. 

No comments:

Post a Comment